Our firm is a sponsor of this year’s Halloween Drive Through. The event will be held on Saturday, October 31st, 2020, from 5 pm – 7:30 pm at Stockdale Moose Lodge in Bakersfield, California.
The drive-through will be a family-friendly event and is free to the public, however, donations are welcome. All donations will benefit the Ronald McDonald House.
Daniel Rodriguez, founder and president of Bakersfield personal injury law firm Rodriguez & Associates, spoke with Vanessa Dillon on KGET Studio 17 about the history behind jury trials.
Daniel shared in the interview points including:
- Jury trials began in about 600 B.C in Ancient Greece
- Trials typically lasted one day. It was broken up into three sections; the accuser went for three hours, then the person being accused had three hours, and then the jury (of at least 200 people) would deliberate and take a vote.
- The jury would take a stone (the white stone meant innocent and the black stone meant guilty) and toss one of them in the middle. Back then, it was a majority rule, not a unanimous verdict.
- The most famous trial in history was the trial of Socrates. He was found guilty of impiety and corrupting the youth and was sentenced to death by poison.
To watch the interview, click here.
Rodriguez & Associates is a Bakersfield, California personal injury law firm that serves those that are in the most need. If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury you can contact us at our office: 1128 Truxtun Ave, Bakersfield, CA at (661)-323-1400 and visit our website for more information.
We are a sponsor of Halloweenville! It’s a local Halloween attraction in Bakersfield, California. Families can pick out a pumpkin, take a ride on the Spooky Train, play Ghosts versus Ghouls Laser Tag, shoot a zombie, climb the Wicked Rock Wall, or bounce in Casper’s Zone. Older kids and adults can experience Scare Valley, Bakersfield’s newest haunted attraction.
Free Halloweenville Tickets to Our Followers
As a thank you for following us on social media, we are giving away 150 tickets for activities for the kids, and 150 tickets for the haunted attraction for the older kids and adults. These tickets are valid for Saturday, October 5th, 2019 only.
How to get tickets:
1. Follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram.
2. Stop by our office to pick up your tickets. Maximum 4 per family.
Our address is 1128 Truxtun Ave Bakersfield CA 93301. We are here from 8am to 5pm. Tickets are available while supplies last, so hurry!
Halloweenville is located at 3801 Chester Ave, behind the Kern County Museum. For more information about this event, visit scarevalley.com.