A few experienced Bakersfield personal injury lawyers can handle a defective product case and obtain some degree of compensation for an injured client following an accident. But, if you want the best results, you need a Bakersfield defective products lawyer who has the unique background and training necessary to successfully handle these highly challenging cases.
Manufacturers, for instance, can claim that they are not responsible for injuries because the product was used incorrectly, or they can claim that the product was not actually dangerous. In these cases, it’s important that your defective product attorney has a strong grasp of product design and production and be skilled in questioning the manufacturer’s claims. If you’ve been injured because of a defective product, contact a Bakersfield defective product attorney at Rodriguez & Associates.
Skilled at Discovering Why Products Cause Injuries
At Rodriguez & Associates, firm founder Daniel Rodriguez is both an experienced personal injury lawyer and an engineer by training and education. Attorney Rodriguez doesn’t need to consult with experts when attempting to grasp product histories as explained by the defendants. Instead, when the corporate representatives try to hide behind statistics and equations, in an effort to defend their bad choices, Rodriguez can call them out and hold them accountable. He does this by questioning their choices, pointing out that they chose to cut corners on safety at the expense of the consumer. Because of his training and education in engineering, he can counter them word for word on every frivolous defense they raise in the case.
Attorney Rodriguez has pried the truth out of numerous defendants in products cases and won substantial awards in cases involving a range of products, including:
- Autos and SUV’s
- Household products
- Farm products
- Workplace tools and machinery
- Power tools
- Auto parts, including tires, airbags, and seat belts
For legal help from a skilled and knowledgeable legal team following injuries from a dangerous product, contact Rodriguez & Associates in Bakersfield, California.
What Are the Different Types of Product Defects?
When companies create products intended for sale to the public, they have a duty to ensure that their items cannot cause injury or harm to the people who buy them. Unfortunately, this is not always the case – and these companies allow defective and dangerous products to line our shelves. Many different issues in manufacturing, design, or even sales and marketing can lead to serious injury to consumers, including the following.
- Manufacturing defects: This issue occurs when an error in the manufacturing process leads a product to have a very dangerous flaw that leads to an injury or illness. This usually occurs at the factory, and if you are the victim of a manufacturing defect, you can hold the company liable in a lawsuit. Examples of manufacturing defects include faulty wiring in an electrical device or medicine that contains a toxic substance.
- Design defects: Design issues occur long before the product undergoes manufacturing. These defects occur when the way that a manufacturer intends for their company to build the product has an inherent flaw that leads it to be dangerous and defective. For example, an electronic cigarette that can combust when it overheats or sunglasses that fail to block out harmful UV rays have defective designs.
- Failure to provide adequate warning or instructions: Manufacturers have the responsibility to provide correct instructions for their products, as well as warnings for any foreseeable risks that the product might pose to a consumer. If they do not include this information on their packaging, they can be liable for any injury that occurs to consumers as a result of this defect. Selling a medication without a side effect list or failing to provide safety instructions for operating a power tool can be examples of this type of product defect.
How to Prove a Defective Product Claim
When you contact Rodriguez & Associates to assist you with your defective product claim, we will work closely with you to collect the evidence necessary to obtain the compensation you need to recover. To receive a settlement in a product liability lawsuit, you will need to provide evidence that satisfies a series of elements that prove that the manufacturer, designer, or other entity is responsible for your injuries.
- First, you will need to prove that the product was unreasonably dangerous or unsafe at the time of sale, design, or manufacturing.
- Next, you will need to prove that the company that sells the product intended for the device to reach you, the consumer, in this unreasonably dangerous or defective state.
- Finally, you will need to prove that you suffered injuries as a result of the product’s defect and you can claim compensation for your damages through the lawsuit.
Why You Need a Lawyer for Your Defective Product Claim
Proving a product liability lawsuit without an attorney on your side can be very difficult. You will likely be in court with a large corporate defense team of attorneys, who can try to prove that you misused the product, used the product recklessly, or knew that the product could cause you injury.
When you hire Rodriguez & Associates, you receive access to an attorney who can represent your best interests throughout each step of your claim. Your attorney can combat the arguments of the at-fault party’s defense team and provide crucial pieces of evidence to prove that the defendant is at-fault in your claim. If you have to enter negotiations before your case proceeds to trial, your lawyer will have the skills necessary to examine settlement offers and advocate for the compensation you need to recover.
He or she will also be able to assist you in collecting the evidence you need to provide for your cases, such as medical records, original device packaging, witness testimony, and more. In the event that your case requires expert testimony, your lawyer will have access to a wide range of medical experts, manufacturing professionals, and other knowledgeable individuals who can assist with your case.
Contact One of Our Product Recall Attorneys in Bakersfield, CA
Rodriguez & Associates is conveniently located in downtown Bakersfield. We are available for weekend and evening appointments, charge no fee for consultations and speak both English and Spanish. To contact us, please call (661) 777-7575 or 800-585-9262 Toll-Free to schedule a free consultation with one of our Bakersfield defective product attorneys today.