California property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises in a safe condition. Any hazard could put customers, residents, and other types of visitors at risk of severe injury. Unfortunately, not all property owners uphold this duty of care.
If you slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may be eligible for financial compensation. In these situations, the Bakersfield slip-and-fall accident lawyers at Rodriguez & Associates can help. Our attorneys can represent you in your insurance claim or lawsuit, advocating aggressively for your right to maximum recovery, contact us today.
Why Choose Us
- Our Bakersfield personal injury attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience in personal injury law. We have the skills and knowledge necessary to secure the compensation you deserve.
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts, including the highest personal injury verdict in Kern County history.
- We understand how difficult the aftermath of a slip and fall can be. Our attorneys will handle all aspects of your case on your behalf, allowing you to focus on recovery.
Common Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Slip and fall accidents can occur for several reasons. You may trip over an unattended piece of equipment in someone’s yard, or a puddle of oil spilled in the grocery store. Holes, uneven pavement, ice, and unstable structures like stairs or porches could lead to a slip and fall. In many cases, property owner negligence contributes to these incidents.
These accidents can result in painful injuries that sometimes require extensive medical care, including the following.
- Broken bones
- Bruises and lacerations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Neck and back injuries
How to Prove a Slip and Fall Accident Claim
To secure compensation in a slip and fall accident claim, you will need to prove that the property owner is responsible for your accident. Property owners have a duty to maintain safe premises, respond to hazards within a reasonable period of time, and adequately warn visitors of potential dangers. You will need to gather enough evidence to prove that the at-fault party breached his or her duty, leading to your accident.
During the insurance process, a representative from the insurance company will investigate your case and determine whether or not the property owner was responsible for your accident. To prove a slip and fall accident lawsuit, you and your attorney will need to gather enough evidence to establish the following four elements.
- The property owner owed you a duty of care.
- The property owner breached his or her duty of care.
- The property owner’s breach of duty caused your slip and fall accident.
- You sustained damages in the accident that you can collect in your lawsuit.
You can use multiple pieces of evidence to support each of these elements, including medical records, surveillance footage, witness testimony, and police reports. Your attorney from Rodriguez & Associates can help you gather this evidence and establish a compelling case to prove the property owner’s liability.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, the attorneys at Rodriguez & Associates can help. Our lawyers will fight diligently to secure the compensation you deserve. Schedule your free consultation today to discuss your legal options with a Bakersfield slip and fall accident attorney.