When we need medical care, we place a great deal of trust in the doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals who oversee our treatment. Unfortunately, medical providers can commit negligent acts that cause more harm than good. If you are the victim of medical malpractice in Bakersfield, you may be eligible for financial compensation—and the attorneys at Rodriguez & Associates can help.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys hold over 100 years of combined experience representing California residents in their personal injury claims, including medical malpractice lawsuits. A medical error or surgical mistake can cause immense harm, and you can trust in our team to seek justice on your behalf.
- Our firm provides the power of a large firm with the personalized communication and attention of a small firm. We will always be available to answer your questions and respond to your concerns.
- Our Bakersfield personal injury attorneys track record speaks for itself. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients, including the highest personal injury verdict in Kern County history.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Healthcare providers have a duty to uphold a certain standard of care while treating their patients. If a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare professional deviates from this standard of care through a negligent act or failure to act and subsequently causes harm to a patient, he or she commits medical malpractice. If you experience medical malpractice, you may be eligible for a lawsuit against the at-fault provider.
Common examples of medical malpractice in California include the following.
- Failure to diagnose or incorrectly diagnosing a condition
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory results
- Failure to take a patient’s medical history into account
- Committing an error while performing surgery
- Failure to order proper diagnostic tests
- Prescribing the wrong medication or dosage
- Failure to provide adequate follow up or aftercare
- Prematurely discharging a patient
Damages Available for California Medical Malpractice Victims
Medical malpractice can cause severe harm. You may develop a worsening illness than you would have if your doctor had accurately diagnosed your condition. You could sustain a brain injury from an overdose or lack of oxygen during surgery, or you could develop a disability due to unnecessary surgery or misdiagnosis. As a result, you can develop serious financial, physical, and emotional hardship.
Through a California medical malpractice lawsuit, you can recover compensation for the damages you sustained due to the at-fault medical provider’s actions. Common damages in these lawsuits include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses related to the malpractice injury
- Lost wages during your recovery time
- Loss of future earnings if you are unable to return to work due to your condition
- Disability accommodations, such as modifications to your home or vehicle, mobility equipment, and live-in care
- Physical pain and suffering, such as chronic pain, discomfort, disfigurement, scarring, and permanent disability
- Emotional pain and suffering, such as depression, anxiety, loss of quality of life, and post-traumatic stress disorder
To prove your right to this compensation, you will need to prove that the at-fault provider’s actions deviated from the accepted medical standard of care. In these situations, the Bakersfield medical malpractice lawyers at Rodriguez & Associates can help you gather the evidence you need to establish your right to recovery. We can craft a compelling case in your favor and advocate for your best interests during each stage of your claim.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for Medical Malpractice in Bakersfield?
The legal scope for medical malpractice claims in California does not simply include doctors and other medical professionals. Depending on the specific circumstances of your case, it may be possible to hold nurses, medical facilities, health care providers, or pharmaceutical companies responsible for your injuries. At our law firm, our malpractice attorneys work diligently to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions, no matter who they may be. We seek a fair settlement for the pain and suffering you or a loved one has experienced.
Contact Rodriguez & Associates Today
If you have experienced medical negligence in Bakersfield, you need an attorney on your side—and the lawyers at Rodriguez & Associates can help. Our medical malpractice lawyers have the experience, skills, and knowledge necessary to hold medical providers accountable for their actions. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about your legal options.